Sunday, February 9, 2014

Sunday

I have a husband who is working, 2 children who are playing Handy Manny, 2 assignments and a group project to work on for my psych nursing class. I have to meet my group at 5pm. There are 4 loads of laundry screaming to be done, a bathroom that probably could stand to be cleaned and 4 boxes of clothes to unpack from when we moved in....4 months ago.

I do, however, have dinner cooking in the crock pot, so that's something.

This is my life. I work full time, I am in nursing school full time, and I have a husband, 2 boys, and a house to maintain. Oh and a full DVR of shows I'm never going to have the time to catch up on. I am the tiredest woman you know. I fall asleep in my living room sitting straight up pretty regularly. I have dark circles under my eyes that only seem to fade on the few breaks I get from school, only to return within a week of the semester start. A family of 3 could probably vacation on the bags I have under my eyes.

Despite it, I love my crazy life. I melt down from time to time--who doesn't?--but I learned a long time ago to be thankful for the blessings you have and to focus on the good. I have a lot of good. I have a husband who has never once complained about picking up the slack my schedule leaves with the house and kids. My boys are smart, loving, great kids who are very proud of their mama as she navigates the twists and turns of nursing school, even if they are sad to see her walk out the door for 12 hour Saturday clinicals. I have a handful of the best, most supportive friends that a girl could ask for.

I'm lucky. Never doubt that I know it.

I'm also profane, cranky and probably a little oversensitive from time to time. So don't think everything you read here is going to be rainbows and sunshine spilling forth from my ass. It surely will not. I cope through humor, sarcasm, and a whole lotta venting. Oh. I'm also unapologetically opinionated as hell.

Welcome to my circus. Grab some peanuts & cotton candy, and wait for the parade of clowns. They'll be along anytime.





No comments:

Post a Comment